A “Real” Working Retreat
Experience a new way of learning the decorative arts, mixed with fun, relaxation, and a beautiful setting in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. Faux Retreat was created for artisans like you to learn and share your craft in a unique environment that will recharge you both physically and creatively.
The Spring Faux Retreat will be held on May 4-8, 2009 (a fall retreat is also being planned for late September) at a secluded site surrounded by 170 acres of woods and a private lake near Spooner, Wisconsin. While communing with nature, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from two of the industry’s most creative and innovative instructors:
• Kathy Carroll, owner of the Chicago Institute of Fine Finishes and Faux by Kathy, will bring inspiration, motivation, and a fresh approach to the endless possibilities of 10 different finishes. You’ll leave with a class book complete with all your recipes, product sheets, and information that will become a lifelong resource. Products used will be from a variety of manufacturers, including: Golden Proceed Line, Bella Product Line, Blue Pearl and Perfetto, Oikos, Modern Masters, Adicolor, and Briste Group.
• Mindy Harrell, owner of Murals by Mindy and Faux Assured Studio, will lead a course in “Modern World Finishes” that is designed to build upon your existing skills and expand your knowledge of product usage, design concepts, and "art-inspired" techniques. You’ll learn how to embellish your work and use multi-medium mixing to maximize the creative process. Plus, you’ll leave with a comprehensive technical binder detailing the finishes and 10 samples utilizing favorites from the silver and gold label line by Faux Effects International.
“Faux Retreats are designed to reflect the style of the traditional atelier of old European painters where students lived together sharing the expertise of an artist while experiencing a connection and unique form of guidance,” explains Kathy Boyd, creator of Faux Retreats.
Your five-day Faux Retreat will include:
* Welcome reception and dinner
* Communal style accommodations (limited private or semi-private rooms available for an additional fee)
* Daily continental breakfast, daily lunch, and dinner served 3 nights
* 4 days of hands-on instruction – 2 days with each instructor
* Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
* Evening guest speaker
* Late night challenge/painting party
* Firepit discussion: Getting, maintaining, and marketing a Web presence with Kathy Boyd
* On-site extras may include yoga, massage, product demos, etc.
* Use of lake, boats, and other amenities (sauna, Jacuzzi, etc.) on the property
* Free time to explore the town on your own
* This all-inclusive retreat is priced at just $1,895 – comparable to other classes that do not include the costs of accommodations, meals, and other activities. Retreat size is limited, so make your reservations today. Early bird special: Register by March 14 for $100 off!
For more information or to download a reservation form, visit http://www.fauxretreat.com/. You can also call 218-940-3095 or send an e-mail to email@example.com if you have any questions.